Last Updated: May 4, 2022
Who we are
This Policy is to inform you about how we collect, use, share, and protect Personal Information. Please take a minute to read this Policy so that you can better understand our Website information practices. Any reference to our Website includes its e-mail, text, live chat, and other electronic messages. If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us as described below.
By providing information to us (by any means, whether in correspondence, via our Website or otherwise) you consent to our use of the information you provide in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy or our practices, you may not use our Website. This Policy may change from time to time and your continued use of our Website constitutes your acceptance of those changes. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically.
What Personal Information do we collect and how is it collected?
As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonable capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
We may collect and use the following Personal Information:
Categories of Personal Information
Specific Types of Personal Information Collected
Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number
Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual.
Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card number, including the expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address.
Purchase, return, wish list, and transaction information including cart information.
Internet or other electronic network activity information.
Browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Site, an application, or an advertisement, the location of a photo or the date a file was created, the accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities, device information (such as operating systems, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, device IDs, device signals, your mobile operator or ISP, or cookie data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Photos of you in items you have purchased, which you provide with your consent in one of our physical stores.
Professional or employment-related information.
Company name, company address, title, resume, and any other information you choose to share with us so that we may process your job application.
This Personal Information may be required to provide our products to you. If you do not provide the Personal Information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing our products to you.
When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes. We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, or participate in another site feature. We collect most of this information directly from you, however, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources;
- From a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank or credit card provider);
- From Social Networking sites when you connect with us on such social networking sites or use a social network login to access our services;
- From cookies on our website; and
- Via our IT systems, including automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, communications systems, email and instant messaging systems.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How and why we use your Personal Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions and for the performance of our contract with you (or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract), including updating and enhancing our customer records.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To comply with our legal obligations including when we conduct checks to identify our customers and verify their identity.
- For our or a third party’s legitimate interests including:
- to prevent and detect fraud against you or State and Liberty Clothing;
- to ensure business policies are adhered to;
- for operational reasons such as improving efficiency, training and quality control;
- to ensure the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information;
- for statistical analysis to help us manage our business;
- to prevent unauthorized access and modification to a system; and
- for marketing our products (and those of selected third parties) to existing and former customers, third parties who have previously expressed an interest in our services, and third parties with whom we have had no previous dealings.
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails about our products, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products. We have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your Personal Information”).
We will always treat your Personal Information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organizations outside State and Liberty Clothing for marketing purposes.
If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" Section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your Personal Information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other Personal Information through e-mail.
While we strive to safeguard your Personal Information, due to many reasons, including the inherent security flaws in the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and, as such, you agree that your disclosure of such information is at your own risk.
Do we use "cookies"?
- help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
We also may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals. However, if you do not wish for us to collect information about you through other automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your Website experience more efficient and some of our Website will not function properly. Also, if you use a different browser or computer, you will have to make this same selection again. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting our customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect?
We routinely share Personal Information with:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
We only allow our service providers to handle your Personal Information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your Personal Information to provide services to us and to you.
We may also disclose, exchange and release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also need to share some Personal Information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to any other third party unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described in this Policy. However, non-Personal Information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Personal Information we sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold any Personal Information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose to one or more third parties, in accordance with this Policy, the following categories of Personal Information:
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information); and
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
How can you opt-out of marketing communications?
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section or by using the “unsubscribe” link in emails. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages (IE Cookies). To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For more information about text messages, see our Terms and Conditions.
How long we retain your Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products to you. Thereafter, we will keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To maintain a record of your transactions for reporting purposes until this purpose no longer exists;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of Personal Information.
Your Rights Under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident, you may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to exercise free of charge:
Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You
You have the right to know:
• The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
• The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
• The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, if any; and
• The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Personal Information Sold or Used for a Business Purpose
In connection with any Personal Information we may sell or disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
• The categories of Personal Information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold; and
• The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, we will refrain from selling your Personal Information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the sale of your Personal Information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions as set forth in the CCPA, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your Personal Information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your Personal Information from their records.
Protection Against Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against by us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we cannot, among other things:
• Deny goods or services to you;
• Charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
• Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
• Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Please note that we may charge a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of goods to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to our business by your Personal Information.
How to Exercise Your Rights.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as described in this Policy, please:
- Sign into the "My Account" section of our Website and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information.
- Email us at
Please note that you may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period and we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
If you choose to contact directly by email, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name, address and customer or matter reference number); and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any Personal Information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
Third Party Sites
This Website may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We have selected these resources as having some value and pertinence, but their development and maintenance are not under our direction. Thus, the content, accuracy, and suitability of information contained therein, opinions expressed therein, and other links provided by these resources are neither monitored nor reviewed by us.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external websites or embedded content, or resources, and we are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by the use of any such external websites, content, product, or materials. You access, use, and rely upon such external websites content, products, or materials at your own risk. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Our Website is not directed to children, and you may not use our Website if you are under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not access the Website, or provide any information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will purge such information from our database and cancel the corresponding accounts. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please see our “How to contact us” Section.
How to contact us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue. Our contact details are shown below:
(Monday - Friday 9 AM to 5 PM EST)
Modifications to this Policy
This Policy was published on the “Last Updated” above.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Changes to this Policy will be made by updating this page. Please visit this Policy regularly to read the current version.